Course Coordinator: Jodi Rosenthal
Course Coordinator Contact: e: [email protected] | p: 9951 5028
To register for this course access your MyNetball participant login and follow the links to select and enrol in the Elite Course – CLICK HERE
COURSE OVERVIEW AND ASSESSMENT TASKS
The Elite Coach Accreditation is a self-directed learning experience where participants complete four compulsory units (one practical face to face workshop and three completed via correspondence using a workbook).
- ANZ Championship Assistants/Speciality Coaches
- Underage State
- Premier League – top division
- Metro & Regional League – top division
- Potential High Performance Coaches
- Completion of the Advanced Coaching Course
Elite Coaching Strategies (Practical Module) – delivered in a one day course from 9am-5pm
- Shooting – types of shot ( shuffle shot, fake, falling out of court), circle entry and exit, screens including ridgey didge, shooters working together, balance in attack end, penalties inside and outside the circle
- Centre Court – feeding the circle, on and off the circle, relationship between WA/C, defence around the circle and relationship between WD/C
- Defenders – area defence including box, diamond and triangle and off line
- Team – centre pass, outlet pass and defence of base line throw in’s.
- Match Day Coaching – workbook
- Periodised Plan – workbook
The Elite Coaching Accreditation requires participants to complete three written assignments:
- The Match Day Coachingassignment will assess the participant’s ability to analyse opposition strategies, plan appropriate tactical and strategic responses and plan for participation in tournaments.
- The development and review of a Periodised Planwill assess the participant’s ability to plan for a coaching season, review the plan and develop improvements in the plan.
- The Recovery Workbookwill assist coaches in understanding and implementing recovery methods as part of their coaching.
PRACTICAL COACHING TASK – FINAL ASSESSMENT
The final practical evaluation occurs after the completion of all units. The coach should demonstrate competency in the areas of group management, teaching and communication skills as per the Elite Coaching Course assessment criteria.