About the course:
The Elite Coaching Course is designed to provide ANZ Championship assistant coaches, underage state coaches, state league (top level) coaches and potential high performance coaches with further professional development opportunities. The practical day of this course is a pre-requisite for the High Performance Course.
The Elite Coaching Course is a self-directed learning experience where participants complete five compulsory units, a professional development workbook and two elective units.
• The practical module is a prerequisite for High Performance Coaching Course
• Modular based with alternative delivery models
• Advanced Coaching Course or Recognition of Current Competency at Advanced level for a minimum of one year
• Elite Coaching Strategies (Practical Module) – delivered in a one day course from 9am-5pm
• Shooting – types of shot ( shuffle shot, fake, falling out of court), circle entry and exit, screens including ridgey didge, shooters working together, balance in attack end, penalties inside and outside the circle
• Centre Court – feeding the circle, on and off the circle, relationship between WA/C, defence around the circle and relationship between WD/C
• Defenders – area defence including box, diamond and triangle and off line
• Team – centre pass, outlet pass and defence of base line throw ins.
• Match Day Coaching – workbook
• Rules in Action
• Periodised Plan – workbook
• Recovery – workbook
Coaches must complete two elective modules, selection to be approved by the Netball Australia Coach Development and Participation Manager. Prior to selecting the elective units coaches must complete the Coach Professional Development workbook.
• Attendance and/or completion of all compulsory and optional modules
• Completion of Match Day Coaching assignment
• Implementation and review of periodised plan
• Completion of Recovery Workbook
• Game Assessment
Please contact Di Brown for further information [email protected] 02 9951 5000
*Venue subject to change. Participants will be notified of any changes.