2017 SNA Team
The following athletes have been selected for the Sydney Netball Academy Program in 2017: CLICK HERE TO VIEW
SNA Team Officials 2017
Head Coach – Vicki Jansen
Assistant Coaches – Sandy Attard and Craig Marsh
Apprentice Coach – Georgia Margalit
Team Manager – Debbie Bentley
Sydney Netball Academy – 14 to 16 years olds
Each year Netball NSW holds trials to select players from the Sydney Metropolitan Area to form a development squad. The Sydney Netball Academy forms an important step in the Player Development Pathway and looks to focus on improving and developing player skills.
Selections are held between September – January to select squad members to enter the Sydney Netball Academy – Senior Squads. The program generally runs from February through to October on an annual basis.
- Be turning 14, 15 or 16 in the year of the Academy program
- Reside in an eligible metro council area
- Be a current financial member of Netball NSW
Players who are selected into the Sydney Netball Academy, along with training and development, may also be involved in two round robin competitions, NIB Games and also the Academy Games.
The goals of the Sydney Netball Academy are:
- To improve basic skills of all participants
- To provide some introductory education on Goal setting, Time Management, Recovery and Nutrition to enhance on-court performance.
- To introduce players to field testing to enable more specific training programs and to provide Netball NSW with a database of norms and individual performances.
- To commence a tracking system of individual athletes by coaches reports and skills testing.
- To identify talented players for further pathways.
Players selected into the program may participate in:
- Up to 10 scheduled training sessions.
- Pre-and post-season fitness testing.
- Inter-academy based competitions (such as NIB Games and the Academy Challenge).
- Off-court educational sessions.
For zoning information and player eligibility please refer to this link: Regional Academies of Sport – Council Areas