Foundation Coaching Course
The online Foundation Coach Accreditation Course is targeted primarily at beginner coaches, teachers, parents and NetSetGO coaches and outlines introductory coaching information and basic netball techniques. The Course is the first step in the national coaching accreditation framework and is an important step along the knowledge pathway for a coach. The course contains the following four modules:
- The role of the coach
- Teaching netball skills
- The coach in action
Use the following Enrolment Instructions to help you access the Course: Online Foundation Coach Accreditation Enrolment Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions for Clubs and Associations: Online Foundation Coach Accreditation Association Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions for Participants: Online Foundation Coach Accreditation Participant Fact Sheet
- Foundation Coach Accreditation Competency Statements and Assessment Tasks: Foundation Coach Accreditation Competency statements and assessment tasks
What are the benefits of moving to an online course?
- The ability for participants to learn in a self-paced environment at a time and place that individually suits them.
- Access all year round, any time of the day or night.
- Significant reduction in volunteer’s time administering face-to-face courses, freeing up valuable time to mentor developing coaches.
What will participants receive at the end of the course?
Upon successful completion of all modules, participants will receive their Foundation Coach Accreditation and certificate of completion.
How much does the course cost?
The online Foundation Coach Accreditation course will cost participants $55.00 (inclusive of GST) to enrol in, regardless of their location around Australia. All payments will be managed online through a secure gateway.
Will participants be able to purchase the manual?
Yes. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to purchase the Netball Australia Foundation Coaches Manual for an additional $25.00.
Will there be a time limit on completing the course?
No. There is no time limit on completing the course. You are able to learn in a self-paced environment and can log in and log out as required. But you must complete the course within a year of enrolling or it will expire.
Will participants be able to access the course materials after they have completed the course?
Yes. Upon successful completion of all modules, participants will be able to log back into the system and access the materials at any stage.
What happened if I have further questions?
Your first point of call should always be your State/Territory Netball Association. If they are unable to assist, they will make contact with Netball Australia for additional support.