Netball NSW is excited to announce the launch of the Netball NSW HSC Program for 2017. The program, which will be delivered in partnership with SEDA College, will provide students in Years 11 and 12 with the opportunity to complete their HSC studies within sport and community settings.
For prospective students, this is a chance to gain educational and industry qualifications while gaining a first-hand understanding of the sports industry through involvement with Netball NSW.
As part of the Netball NSW HSC Program, students will have the opportunity to learn from staff within the organisation and are involved with industry programs, major events, practical placement and other industry experiences. Students have the opportunity to be involved in a range of participation programs and events including:
- Delivery of Netball NSW community programs and holiday programs
- Delivery of Netball NSW school programs
- Match day assistance at Netball NSW home games
About SEDA College
SEDA College brings a new and exciting model of learning to senior secondary students in NSW. The College provides an exciting and positive alternative by offering a HSC course designed to engage students with their learning, and empower their personal growth and success during and beyond school.
SEDA College delivers the HSC curriculum using an applied learning pedagogy; which means hands-on learning happens both inside and outside of the classroom. Through this applied learning model, students have a deeper connection to their education resulting in enhanced engagement levels.
SEDA College is an independent, co-educational Year 11 to Year 12 school which provides students with:
- Pathways to an exciting future
- An applied and engaging learning environment
- Real industry experience
- A learning for life approach to education
Why choose the Netball NSW HSC Program?
- Pathways – SEDA College provides students with direct pathways to further education or the workforce
- Industry – SEDA College students have direct access to industry through a partnership with Netball NSW
- Applied and Engaged Learning – SEDA College offers a sport and hands-on curriculum linked with sports industries in the community
- Learning for Life – Students are able to explore their career interests alongside their sport, community, personal and creative interests
A selection process will be conducted by SEDA College staff for prospective students to be accepted in the program; however, selection is not dependent on sports skill or ability.
An information night will be held for prospective students and their parents wishing to find out more about SEDA College and the Netball NSW HSC Program:
Dates: Tuesday 6 September
Where: Netball Central – 2 Olympic Blvd, Sydney Olympic Park NSW
To register your interest in attending one of the above sessions, email your name, parent’s name and contact number to [email protected]