In 2019 Netball NSW will once again be competing in the Marie Little OAM Shield. This tournament is the premier competition for females aged over 16 with an intellectual disability. Netball NSW are proud to have won the gold medal for the past four years, in 2018 overcoming South Australia in an exciting curtain raiser to the Australian Diamonds match at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. This year’s tournament will prove to be another exciting competition, with the NSW looking to be competitive once again. Netball NSW and all the other state teams are waiting with excitement to hear where and when the 2019 tournament will take place, watch this space!
Applications are now open for players who would like to trial for the 2019 Marie Little OAM Shield squad. Trials will take place on the 23rd of June, and the application to be considered can be found here. Player nominations will close on the 9th of June.
Applications for officials, including the roles below, are available from the 13th of May to the 9th of June:
- Marie Little OAM Shield – Head Coach
- Marie Little OAM Shield – Assistant Coach
- Marie Little OAM Shield – Manager
- Marie Little OAM Shield – Development Coach
- Marie Little OAM Shield – Medical Personnel
Coach Nomination Process
- Nominate your preferred position.
- Review the calendar listed above, ensuring you are available for all commitments.
- Ensure you have a “Working with Children Check” Clearance Number and clearance letter.
- Submit a brief CV detailing how you meet the selection criteria outlined in the relevant Marie Little OAM Shield Position Description (links above)
- Describe in one page or less how you would approach the key responsibilities and duties associated with the position.
- Email your CV, your name, and the position which you are applying for in the subject line and covering letter to email@example.com
Calendar of Events:
A calendar of events can be found here. This calendar will be updated once the dates and locations for the 2019 Marie Little OAM Shield tournament have been confirmed.
For further information please contact:
Sam White | Participation Coordinator – Community Engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org | 9951 5006
Shohan Khan | Participation Manager: email@example.com | 9951 5025