Sport NSW has today announced the finalists for the 2017 NSW Sports Awards as the countdown continues to the inaugural NSW Champions of Sport Ceremony.
Netball NSW received eight nominations as one of 30 sports recognised for their achievements and excellence:
- Young Athlete of the Year with a Disability: Dallas Austin (Blue Mountains)
- Team of the Year: GIANTS Netball
- Team of the Year with a Disability: NSW Marie Little OAM Shield Team
- Coach of the Year: Julie Fitzgerald (GIANTS Netball)
- Official of the Year: Ruth Havrlant (Ku-ring-gai)
- Administrator of the Year: Mike Anderson (Chief Operating Officer/GM – GIANTS Netball)
- Event of the Year: Suncorp Super Netball Round 14 Double Header at Qudos Bank Arena
- Organisation of the Year: Netball NSW
For the first time, Sport NSW will celebrate the year’s achievements of NSW athletes, coaches, officials, administrators and organisations alongside the NSW Hall of Champions Induction where Warren Birmingham, Matthew Nielsen, Michael Clarke, Rochelle Gilmore and Matthew Mitcham OAM will join the state’s sporting hall of fame.
Plus, in a highlight of the evening be there to see the elevation of Australia’s greatest Olympian, Ian Thorpe OAM, to Legend Status in the NSW Hall of Champions.
Tickets are now on sale for the NSW Champions of Sport Ceremony to be held at Rosehill Gardens on Monday 27 November 2017 . Don’t miss your opportunity to be part of this historic occasion. Book now to secure your seat by CLICKING HERE.
For further enquiries contact the Sport NSW office on (02) 8736 1239.
Congratulations to all finalists, including our Netball NSW representatives.