The Regional Academy Program is the recognised step in the High Performance Athlete Pathway for talented athletes who turn 14 – 16 in 2020 (born in 2004, 2005, 2006). Sydney Netball Academy (SNA) is one of 12 Regional Academies. Eligibility for an Academy is determined by the council area in which you reside – SEE CATCHMENT AREA HERE.
SNA is administered by Netball NSW and provides an exciting opportunity to be exposed to playing and coaching excellence, off court modules including mental toughness, nutrition and leadership, academy challenges and a high performance camp.
For a list of Regional Academies, please CLICK HERE.
2020 Trial dates
Netball NSW would like to advise the following dates for the trials for the 2020 Sydney Netball Academy.
Further information will be distributed at a later date with regards to the nomination process and format of the trials.
Sydney Netball Academy
|Phase 1 – Netball Central||Sunday 20 Oct||9am – 4pm|
|Phase 2 – Netball Central||Sunday 27 Oct||12pm – 6pm|
- Coaching Excellence: In a series of sessions, players will work with experienced coaches to develop technical and tactical skills.
- Holistic Growth: Off court modules include sport life balance, mental toughness, nutrition and leadership.
- General Athletic Development: Testing and an introduction to Strength and Conditioning will improve speed, power and reactive ability on court and will lessen the chance of injury.
- Inter Academy Challenges: Two Academy Challenges are planned in 2018. Athletes will represent their Academy in competition that is focused on individual development.
- High Performance Camp: Academy athletes come together at Netball Central in Sydney for a weekend camp where the girls have the opportunity to learn from the best of the best.
- A step on the Pathway: If you dream of being selected to represent NSW one day or play for the Giants, the Swifts or the Diamonds. Academy netball introduces you to Netball NSW coaches and staff that can assist you on your journey.
- Athletes who turn 14 – 16 in 2020 (born in 2004, 2005, 2006) and who aspire to realise their netball potential.
For zoning information and player eligibility please refer to this link: Regional Academies of Sport – Council Areas