The Regional Academy Program is the recognised step in the High Performance Athlete Pathway for talented athletes who turn 14 – 16 in 2019 (born in 2003, 2004, 2005). Sydney Netball Academy (SNA) is one of 12 Regional Academies. Eligibility for an Academy is determined by the council area in which you reside – SEE CATCHMENT AREA HERE.
SNA is administered by Netball NSW and provides an exciting opportunity to be exposed to playing and coaching excellence, off court modules including mental toughness, nutrition and leadership, academy challenges and a high performance camp.
For a list of Regional Academies, please CLICK HERE.
2019 SNA Squad announced
Read full story HERE
- Coaching Excellence: In a series of sessions, players will work with experienced coaches to develop technical and tactical skills.
- Holistic Growth: Off court modules include sport life balance, mental toughness, nutrition and leadership.
- General Athletic Development: Testing and an introduction to Strength and Conditioning will improve speed, power and reactive ability on court and will lessen the chance of injury.
- Inter Academy Challenges: Two Academy Challenges are planned in 2018. Athletes will represent their Academy in competition that is focused on individual development.
- High Performance Camp: Academy athletes come together at Netball Central in Sydney for a weekend camp where the girls have the opportunity to learn from the best of the best.
- A step on the Pathway: If you dream of being selected to represent NSW one day or play for the Giants, the Swifts or the Diamonds. Academy netball introduces you to Netball NSW coaches and staff that can assist you on your journey.
How to Trial for 2019
Venue: Genea Netball Centre, 2 Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park
Date: Saturday 17 November 2018
Closing Date: October 26
- Athletes who turn 14 – 16 in 2019 (born in 2003, 2004, 2005) and who aspire to realise their netball potential.
For zoning information and player eligibility please refer to this link: Regional Academies of Sport – Council Areas
COACHES & MANAGERS
2019 Sydney Netball Academy Coaches and Managers – Nominations
The Sydney Netball Academy (SNA) is a vital component of the Netball NSW Athlete Pathway. The Program provides the opportunity for 14-16 year old netballers to grow as holistic players.
Positive coaching experiences in this development phase are integral to long term athlete success.
Coaches and Managers who have the desire to help talented athletes realise their potential or who, themselves aspire to progress on the Pathway are encouraged to take up the challenge and apply.
Coaches will be appointed for one year and will be supported by Netball NSW to develop through education workshops, individual mentoring and collaborative learning with the SNA team.
All Coaches and Managers with appropriate qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply for the following positions:
- SNA Head Coach
- SNA Assistant Coaches
- SNA Apprentice Coaches
- SNA Team Manager
To be considered for any of these positions you must complete the following steps:
- Consider the commitment required to be a Coach or Manager in the Academy Program and review the keys dates listed below, ensuring you are available for all major commitments.
- Ensure you have a “Working with Children Check” Clearance Number and clearance letter.
- Submit the Nomination Form via email to Eliza Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org – by 5:00pm, Wednesday 3rd October, 2018.
The nomination form can be found HERE