The Regional Academy Program is the recognised step in the High Performance Athlete Pathway for talented athletes who turn 14 – 16 in 2018 (born in 2002, 2003, 2004). Sydney Netball Academy (SNA) is one of 12 Regional Academies. Eligibility for an Academy is determined by the council area in which you reside – SEE CATCHMENT AREA HERE.
SNA is administered by Netball NSW and provides an exciting opportunity to be exposed to playing and coaching excellence, off court modules including mental toughness, nutrition and leadership, academy challenges and a high performance camp.
For a list of Regional Academies, please CLICK HERE.
2018 Squad selected
- Coaching Excellence: In a series of sessions, players will work with experienced coaches to develop technical and tactical skills.
- Holistic Growth: Off court modules include sport life balance, mental toughness, nutrition and leadership.
- General Athletic Development: Testing and an introduction to Strength and Conditioning will improve speed, power and reactive ability on court and will lessen the chance of injury.
- Inter Academy Challenges: Two Academy Challenges are planned in 2018. Athletes will represent their Academy in competition that is focused on individual development.
- High Performance Camp: Academy athletes come together at Netball Central in Sydney for a weekend camp where the girls have the opportunity to learn from the best of the best.
- A step on the Pathway: If you dream of being selected to represent NSW one day or play for the Giants, the Swifts or the Diamonds. Academy netball introduces you to Netball NSW coaches and staff that can assist you on your journey.
- Close of athlete nominations – Friday 27 October 2017. 5.00PM
- Phase 1 Trials – Saturday 4 November 2017. Trial Times. 8.00AM – Finish time TBC. Genea Netball Centre
- Phase 2 Trials (invited athletes only) – Saturday 11 November 2017. 8.00AM – Finish Time TBC. Genea Netball Centre
- SNA Phase 3 Trials (if needed) – Saturday 25 November 2017. 8.00AM – Finish time TBC. Genea Netball Centre
- Athletes who turn 14 – 16 in 2018 (born in 2002, 2003, 2004) and who aspire to realise their netball potential.
- Reside in one of the following council areas in the SNA catchment area:
Bayside Council, Canterbury-Bankstown Council, Georges River Council, Inner West Council, Northern Beaches Council, Burwood, City of Canada Ba, Strathfield Municipal, Hornsby*, Ku-ring-gai, Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, City of Ryde, Mosman, North Sydney, Willoughby , Randwick City, Waverley, Woollahra Municipal, City of Sydney
For zoning information and player eligibility please refer to this link: Regional Academies of Sport – Council Areas
Draft 2018 SNA Program
If selected, athletes will be required to pay an amount of $500 to subsidise coaching, uniforms, accommodation, competition and food costs.
- Consider carefully the commitment required to be an Academy player.
- Read the Pathway Selection Policy on the Netball NSW website.
- $30 payment at time of nomination
- Ensure you submit your nomination prior to the closing date.
- Nomination Link – Closing Date Friday 27 October. 5.00PM
Coach and Manager Nomination Information
SNA is the recognised development step in the Netball NSW Pathway for talented 14 – 16 year old players (born in 2002, 2003, 2004), who reside in one of the council areas in the SNA catchment area.
SNA provides an exciting opportunity to be exposed to coaching excellence, off court modules including mental toughness, nutrition and leadership, academy challenges and a high performance camp.
SNA program also provides an important step along the coach and manager pathway. Throughout the program, coaches will be mentored by some of NSW’s leading coaches and challenged and supported to grow. Talented coaches and managers who aspire to realise their potential are encouraged to apply.
To nominate and for more detailed information please follow the link below.
- For nomination information please CLICK HERE.