It is a key priority of Netball NSW to connect effectively with coaches, and to support their development at all levels through education and collaborative opportunities.
The Targeted Coach Program (TCP) is being implemented with a specific objective: to challenge, support and maximise the performance of a select group of coaches that have the potential to be leaders in the NNSW Talent and Elite Pathway.
About the Targeted Coach Program
The TCP will be led by Australian coaching legend Jill McIntosh and will provide selected coaches with the opportunity to:
– Collaborate in a small group environment with fellow motivated coaches.
– Establish an individualised coach performance plan that sets goals and measures progress.
– Attend workshops to stimulate learning, innovation and improved performance.
– Receive individual mentoring in sessions and match play.
– Focus on a player centred approach, understanding the athlete, maximising their performance and developing them as a whole person.
To be considered for selection into the TCP, coaches must:
– Have the potential and the desire to develop
– Have a growth mindset
In addition, coaches should:
– Hold a minimum Advanced or Emerging Advanced accreditation
– Be coaching NNSW athletes identified in the Talent Pathway.
Coaches may be considered for selection if:
– They have an elite playing background and a desire to transition to talent pathway coaching.
The TCP is a fantastic opportunity that will not be onerous in hours and will have rewards that equal your input. The program is in the planning phase, if you would like to talk through the plan to date, please do not hesitate to email or call.
How to Nominate
To nominate coaches must complete the attached nomination form and return to the Netball NSW State Pathways Unit Manager Margaret Hamley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination Forms must be received by Friday August 17.