Development Coaching Course (Accredited)
Nominal Duration – 7 hours in-course work
Target Market for this Course
This course is designed to enhance the knowledge of coaches who are coaching at Club, Association and Regional level. It is an accredited course under the Netball Australia Coaching Accreditation Scheme and provides training to the large numbers of coaches who are actively involved in netball. Completion of this course will also result in Development Coaching Accreditation with the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) as administered by the Australian Sports Commission (ASC).
Integrated/Separate Coaching Principles Component
The ASC Community Coaching General Principles course has been integrated into this training program. The units include:
- The Coach in Action
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age on completion of the Development Course to be eligible for accreditation.
- All Development Coaching Course participants must be registered members of their local State/Territory Netball Association prior to accreditation being granted to ensure adequate insurance cover.
- All participants must have a personal fitness level that will enable them to perform their normal coaching duties and where required to demonstrate skills at a slow pace. Demonstrations are not compulsory and they are performed at the individual participant’s discretion.
Participants must have completed the following prerequisites:
- Completion of a Netball Australia Foundation Coaching Course.
- Current Section 1 Umpire Theory Examination pass (70% or above).