Suncorp NetSetGO is Australia’s official starter program for girls and boys aged 5 to 10. It’s a chance to learn the netball basics, get outside and make some friends. For a lot of kids, this is the first time they’ll pick up a netball or chuck on a bib. It’s a learning experience. And a lot of fun.
As you move through the tiers, you’ll pick up more advanced netball skills. One week it might be passing drills and ball games, next it could be shooting and practice matches. All Suncorp NetSetGO sessions are led by a friendly netball coach, using equipment built specially for kids.
To find out more about Suncorp NetSetGO and to find your nearest centre, head over to play.netball.com.au.
We’ll send every child that registers for Suncorp NetSetGO a participation pack with:
- a size 4 netball
- Suncorp NetSetGO t-shirt
- our Healthy Habits activity book
- Suncorp Super Netball collectable player cards
*2018 Pack (2019 pack TBC)
Questions about delivery? Check out our FAQs.
By now we know it is important to remember that children are not mini adults – their physiology, size, movement mechanics, skeletal maturity and cognitive development make it important that sports are modified to be developmentally suitable which is underpinned by scientific research and evidence. As expected, children have less strength; specifically, force, speed and power than adults.
Once a sport is modified it makes sport fun, creating a positive learning experience, encouraging development and refinement of fundamental movement skills. A UK research paper found that children enjoyed sport more when they were not being forced to compete and win but encouraged to experiment with different activities. FUN is the most common reason children give for playing sport.
In keeping with the philosophy of NetSetGO, it is expected that all accredited Centre’s will provide:
- A program that enables all individuals to experience personal achievement in terms of competence, enhanced self-esteem, social cooperation, maximum participation and skill development in a fun environment.
- A parent information session to outline the philosophy of the NetSetGO program (refer to appendix 6).
- Appropriate warm-up activities.
- Appropriate skill teaching in a sequential program.
- Appropriate skill activities and games.
- Appropriate modified netball matches using the NetSetGO competition rules.
- Appropriately trained/accredited coaches and umpires.
- Ethical behaviour meeting Netball Australia’s Codes of Behaviour.
For more information on becoming a centre contact Netball NSW on email@example.com
Netball Australia send every new Suncorp NetSetGO centre an equipment kit to help you get started! You will also get a new kit every 5 years!
In-between equipment kits Netball Australia will email your centre an online voucher to top up your equipment. Visit the NetSetGO website to find out what is included in the equipment kit.
Suncorp NetSetGO participation medals are back in 2019!
To be eligible to receive medals your centre must be a registered Suncorp NetSetGO centre in 2019.
Follow the link to find out how to request medals for your centre today! REQUEST HERE
Having a presence in your local area is an important part of growing your centre and providing opportunities for young children to experience netball. Some simple ideas for promoting your centre are:
- Get in touch with your local paper and ask if they might be interested in doing a story on your centre and the upcoming netball season, with a call to action to register.
- Approach local schools, shopping centres, businesses and community groups to see if they will allow you to hang banners, flyers or place flyers.
- Make sure you centre registration information is easily accessible on your website and social media accounts.
- Advertise and hold an information session at a local shopping centre, school or community centre to allow people to find out more about your centre.
- As an accredited NetSetGO centre you can run a free come and try event to allow participants and parents to try the program before they register – for more information on holding a come and try event email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are editable posters under the resources sections below.
Getting to Know Suncorp NetSetGO
Netball Australia have created a free online module that tells you everything you need to know about Suncorp NetSetGO. This is a great way to make sure all your coaches are on the same page for the season.
Being a free course, centres can also promote this to parents as an education tool before the season starts.
Find out more about the ‘Getting to Know NetSetGO’ course here.
Online Foundation Coach Accreditation Course
The online Foundation Coach Accreditation Course is targeted primarily at beginner coaches, teachers, parents and Suncorp NetSetGO coaches and outlines introductory coaching information and basic netball techniques.
For more information on the Foundation Course visit the Netball NSW website.
Download these free Suncorp NetSetGO resources.
|Centre Promotional Flyer|
|Participant Certificate||Volunteer Certificate|
|Guide For Grown Ups||MyNetball NetSetGO Manual|
|Coaching Resources||Healthy Habits Resources|
NetSetGO Centre News Edition 3 (Includes how to request Participant Medals for your centre)
A list of Frequently Asked Questions can be found on the Suncorp NetSetGO website. If you can’t find what you are after contact us via the phone number or email below.
For further information please contact Melanie Chapman, Participation Coordinator.
P| 02 9951 5001