It was a fantastic long weekend of sporting action as the Netball NSW family came out in force for the 2016 SAMSUNG State Championships.
Newcastle and Charlestown Netball Associations were hives of activity three days of back-to-back netball, as teams of all ages and backgrounds came together in the Hunter Region for a celebration of our great game.
So how much netball was actually played? Well, according to the numbers … plenty!
We’ve broken down some of the statistics around the 2016 State Championships below. Well done to everyone involved for making such a wonderful competition a huge success – here’s to doing it all again in 2017.
– Number of teams taking part: 117
– Number of players participating: 1,170
– Number of Associations represented: 72
– Number of team officials involved: 350
– Number of umpires officiating: 230
– Number of games played: 1,217
– Number of goals scored: 41,093
– Total minutes of netball played: 31,642… which equals just over 527 hours, almost 22 days!
– Total number of draws: 41 (just 3 percent of games played)
– Total number of games with a difference of one goal: 78
– Number of major partners for the event: 6
Big thanks to our Naming Rights Partners Samsung, as well as Major Partners The Australian College of Physical Education, The Athletes Foot, Coast 2 Coast, BBX and The Kids’ Cancer Project.
Did you make it into our picture gallery from the weekend? Click here to see some wonderful images from both Newcastle and Charlestown.