The Office of Sport’s Local Sport Grant Program is currently accepting applications. The Program aims to increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport and active recreation. Beyond that, the objective is to address barriers to participation in sport or structured physical activity and assist sports clubs in providing service to their members
This year the program will have two focus areas: Targeted opportunities specifically for women and girls and overall participation opportunities.
Applications from the following will be eligible:
- Incorporated, not-for-profit grassroots sport clubs.
- Applications from Licenced Sporting Clubs may be considered providing the project directly benefits the sport and not the licenced premises.
- Applications may be considered from Sport Clubs associated with a school, church or university providing they are an incorporated not for profit club in their own right.
- Applications from approved Active Kids providers that are not-for-profit may be considered providing the project directly benefits the delivery of the Active Kids program.
The following types of projects may be funded:
|Projects eligible to be funded for Sport Development include:||
|Projects eligible to be funded for Community Sport Events include:||
|Projects eligible to be funded for Sport Access include:||
|Projects eligible to be funded for Facility Development include projects at sporting clubs and facilities used by sports clubs that:||
Funding is available for projects across NSW, with $50,00 allocated for successful projects within each NSW electorate.
The maximum amounts available are:
- Sport Development – $2,000
- Community Sport Events – $5,000
- Sport Access – $5,000
- Facility Development – $20,000.
The minimum amount available is $250 for all project types with the exception being for facility development which has a minimum request of $1,000.
Applications for the Local Sport Grant Program close on Friday 24 August 2018. To view the Local Sports Grant Program guidelines, application restrictions and to apply for funding, please visit the Office of Sport.
Information from: Office of Sport