Nominations close 5pm Monday 31 March, 2014 for the South East Region Netball Academy 2014 program.
The Regional Academies of Sport (RAS) Netball Program is delivered by 10 Academies throughout the State, as well as the Sydney Netball Academy and now the South East Region Netball Academy. The South East Region Netball Academy is a new initiative that replaces the South East Regional Academy of Sport (SERAS) program and like the Sydney Netball Academy, will be run by Netball NSW.
The RAS program is supported strongly by Netball NSW and offers the following:
- Provides individual skill development, sport science education and support structures for each athlete to easily integrate to the next level of the NSW elite athlete pathway
- Access to the Develop a Diamond Academy Program by Netball Australia
- Preparation of athletes for NSW State Team trials
- Provides coach and umpire education and promotes continuous improvement to develop the region’s coaches and umpires
- Provides a program which concentrates on the wellbeing of each athlete to make sure they have a life/sport balance