It’s been a busy month around the state with over 300 teams participating in various regional days in order to qualify for the TAFE NSW Schools Cup State Finals. These teams were participating in phase two of the progressive competition, with phase one consisting of over 1,200 teams state wide! At the final stage, there will be one team from each region (8 regions in total) being represented at the State Finals in September in the primary and high school divisions.
Congratulations to the following schools who have teams representing their region in September:
- Sydney Metro: Holy Family Luddenham, Pymble Ladies College, Hills Grammar, Loreto Normanhurst, Rosebank College
- Hunter: St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, All Saints College St Peters Campus, St Joseph’s Lochinvar
- West Central West: St Matthews Catholic School Mudgee, Orange High School, Condobolin High School
- Far North Coast: St Carthage’s School, St Joseph’s College Banora Point, Trinity Catholic College, Zavier Catholic College, Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School
- South Coast: Bowral Public School, Warilla High School, TIGS, Illawarra Sports High, Goulburn High School
- Northern Inland: Wee Waa Public School, McCarthy Catholic College Tamworth, St Mary’s Catholic College Gunnedah
- North Coast: St Patrick’s Primary School, St Columba Anglican College, Mackillop College Port Macquarie, St Joseph’s Regional College Port Macquarie
- Riverina: Trinity College, Kildare Catholic College, Murrumbidgee High School, Narrandera High School
The teams attending are a combination of mixed primary school teams and junior and senior, boys and girls high school teams, some from your local associations and others experiencing netball for the first time.
We are looking forward to seeing so many teas in Sydney for the finals. A big thank you to all the associations, volunteers and teachers who helped with the local days.