In 2016 the SAMSUNG State Age Championships drew crowds from right across the region to participate in one of Netball NSW’s biggest events.
Campbelltown District, Bankstown City and Illawarra District Netball Associations put on an immensely successful event, enjoyed by tens of thousands players, coaches, umpires and spectators.
We’ve broken down some of the statistics around the 2016 State Age Championships below to provide our community with a small snapshot of just how large this iconic event is!
Well done to everyone involved for making such a wonderful competition a huge success – here’s to doing it all again in 2017.
– Number of teams taking part: 309
– Number of players participating: Over 3,300
– Number of Associations represented: 87
– Number of spectators present: 40,000-plus
– Number of team officials involved: Over 1,000
– Number of umpires who officiated: 500
– Amount of salt used to melt ice on Athlete Village floorboards: 50kgs
– Number of games played: 5,400
– Number of goals scored: 83,000
– Total minutes of netball played: 129,600mins (2160 hours)
– Total number of draws: 116
– Number of major partners for the event: 6
Thanks again to our Naming Rights Partners SAMSUNG, as well as Major Partners The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), The Athlete’s Foot, Coast 2 Coast, BBX and The Kids’ Cancer Project for their support in 2016.