Open Squads – 14 to 16 years olds
Each year Netball NSW holds trials to select players from the Sydney Metropolitan Area to form a development squad. The Sydney Netball Academy forms an important step in the Player Development Pathway and looks to focus on improving and developing player skills.
Selections are held between September – January to select squad members to enter the Sydney Netball Academy – Senior Squads. The program generally runs from February through to October on an annual basis.
• be turning 14, 15 or 16 in the year of the Academy program
• reside in an eligible metro council area
• be a current financial member of Netball NSW
2016 Open Squad
Netball NSW is pleased to announce the athletes who have been selected in the 2016 Sydney Netball Academy (SNA) Squad.
Led by Head Coach Jennie Webster, 24 athletes have been selected in the squad from various Associations from the Sydney Metropolitan area, with a further 10 athletes included as Shadow Players.
Katalina AMOSA – Sutherland Shire
Abbey BAKER – St George District
Alexandra BOLTON – Bankstown City
Elise BOND – Baulkham Hills Shire
Olivia COLEMAN – St George District
Georgia COTTLE – Randwick
Georgia DEAN – Ku-ring-gai
Annabelle GILLINGS – Ku-ring-gai
Jessica LAGA’AIA – Inner Western Suburbs
Leigh MYERS – Ku-ring-gai
Brooke PATERSON – Randwick
Annabelle PERFREMENT – Sutherland Shire
Isabella PICKUP – Randwick
Georgina RALPHS – Ku-ring-gai
Ella ROBINSON – Sutherland Shire
Celan RUSH – Liverpool City
Emma SEAMONS – Hills District
Charlotte SILK – Inner Western Suburbs
Kirralee SMITH – Sutherland Shire
Tahlee SMITH – Eastwood Ryde
Talani TOMBS – Many Warringah
Madison WARD – Northern Suburbs
Isabella WARD – Northern Suburbs
Jaida WHITE – Sutherland Shire
Olivia BAYSOUTH – Hills District
Brooklyn COOTS – St George District/Sutherland Shire
Sophie DWYER – Eastwood Ryde
Lili HARRIS – Inner Western Suburbs
Clare LONGI – Inner Western Suburbs
Sophie MacLENNAN-PIKE – Ku-ring-gai
Isobelle PAMP – Manly Warringah
Brianna TIER – Randwick
Sofia METAXOULI – Hills District
Brigitte VANDERHAM – Inner Western Suburbs
Head Coach: Jennie Webster
Assistant Coach: Therri Ellison
Assistant Coach: Craig Marsh
Manager: Lisa McCrohon
For further information contact Anna Longman, Netball NSW High Performance Manager via [email protected]
Players who are selected into the Sydney Netball Academy, along with training and development, may also be involved in two round robin competitions, NIB Games and also the Academy Games.
The goals of the Sydney Netball Academy are:
- To improve basic skills of all participants
- To provide some introductory education on Goal setting, Time Management, Recovery and Nutrition to enhance on-court performance.
- To introduce players to field testing to enable more specific training programs and to provide Netball NSW with a database of norms and individual performances.
- To commence a tracking system of individual athletes by coaches reports and skills testing.
- To identify talented players for further pathways.
Players selected into the program may participate in:
- Up to 10 scheduled training sessions.
- Pre-and post-season fitness testing.
- Inter-academy based competitions (such as NIB Games and the Academy Challenge).
- Off-court educational sessions.
For zoning information and player eligibility please refer to this link: Regional Academies of Sport – Council Areas