Netball NSW is delighted to announce that five state representatives have been named as 2019 NSW Community Sports Awards finalists.
Thanks to the support of Sport NSW Members – of which Netball NSW is one – and the state’s sporting public, over 100 nominations were submitted recognising community coaches, officials, administrators and organisations for their achievements over the last year.
The Awards are focused on community and grassroots sport, paying homage to contributions largely carried out by volunteer workforces.
The winners of the awards will be revealed at a special ceremony in the Strangers’ Room of NSW Parliament House, at 6.00pm on Thursday 20 June 2019.
The presentation ceremony will be hosted by the Hon. John Sidoti MP, Minister for Sport, and the Minister will also present the recipients of the Sport NSW Distinguished Long Service Award with special recognition for their exceptional service to sport.
The following netball representatives have been nominated:
- Community Official of the Year – Shauna Winchester
- Young Official of the Year – Jordan Kiss
- Community Coach of the Year – Amber Cross
- Young Coach of the Year – Laura Towell
- Community Team of the Year – Central Coast Heart
- Distinguished Long Service Award – Adele Saunders OAM
For more information about the NSW Community Sports Awards, and to see the full list of nominations, please CLICK HERE.