The 48th installment of the Netball NSW State Championships were held over the June long weekend, 11-13 June, at both Newcastle and Charlestown Netball Associations.
NetballNSWTV was there to capture some of the highlights, and chat with some of the people who were integral to organising the 2016 tournament (see below).
Following the conclusion of the final round, the 2016 State Champions have been revealed after 117 teams representing 72 Associations travelled near and far from across NSW to participate in this year’s tournament > click here to view 2016 State Champions.
As one of the most iconic events on the Netball NSW calendar, the 2016 State Championships produced some incredible numbers, including:
- Number of players participating: 1,170
- Number of team officials involved: 350
- Number of umpires officiating: 230
- Number of games played: 1,217
- Number of goals scored: 41,093
- Total minutes of netball played: 31,642… which equals just over 527 hours, almost 22 days!
- Total number of draws: 41 (just 3 percent of games played)
- Total number of games with a difference of one goal: 78
- Number of major partners for the event: 6
Big thanks to our Naming Rights Partners Samsung, as well as Major Partners The Australian College of Physical Education, The Athletes Foot, Coast 2 Coast, BBX and The Kids’ Cancer Project.
Did you make it into our picture gallery from the weekend? Click here to see some wonderful images from both Newcastle and Charlestown.
Check out NetballNSWTV’s coverage of the 2016 SAMSUNG State Championships below: