Netball NSW is excited to announce that legendary Australian Hockey Coach Dr Ric Charlesworth AO will be a keynote speaker at the organisation’s 2018 Conference.
A member of the Australian national hockey team for 17 years, who also played first class cricket over the course of a decade before coaching national teams to Olympic and World Titles, Charlesworth will deliver a Keynote Address under the theme of this year’s Conference: The Future of Netball in NSW.
The 2018 Conference takes place on Saturday and Sunday, 10-11 March at the Genea Netball Centre, Sydney Olympic Park, with netball participants also joined by industry leaders to discuss key issues such as how to leverage interest in our game and the opportunities for growth with new, innovative participation products and programs.
Charlesworth will be joined by a host of elite professionals over the weekend including Julie Fitzgerald, Briony Akle, Claire McMeniman, Sharon Kelly and Simone McKinnis OAM who will speak, participate in and share what’s in store for the future in the fields of playing, coaching, officiating and further afield in the netball world.
The Netball NSW Conference is all about education, learning and development opportunities for members of our netball family who wish to develop their skills, network and up-skill for the future.
This will be the seventh event of its kind and will not only provide you with additional knowledge, tools and ideas ahead of the 2018 season, but enable you to meet and mingle with like-minded people from the New South Wales netball community.
Below are some of the highlights delegates can look forward to over the course of the weekend:
Saturday Program Highlights
- Keynote Address to open the Conference from Dr Ric Charlesworth AO, who will also lead a Workshop later in the day.
- Clare McMeniman, 2016 Australian Diamonds Captain and Ambassador for Suncorp #TeamGirls, joins us to talk #TeamGirls, an initiative encouraging girls to participate in sport and support each other.
- In the innovation space, the Conference delivers insight on the power of digital communications, presented by Ashley Fell social researcher, TEDx speaker and Head of Communications at the internationally recognised McCrindle.
- Delegates will hear from Mike McLaughlin, Director McLaughlin Sports Consultancy (MSC), on the future vision for Pathways, Competitions and Facilities with the findings from MSC’s Independent Review of Netball NSW’s Competitions Framework, Talent Development and High Performance System.
- For Coaches, an introduction to the role mental health plays in sporting performance from High Performance Psychologist Taylor Innes.
- To wrap up Saturday’s Program delegates will have exclusive access to two Pre-Season Games featuring the NSW Swifts and GIANTS Netball on Show Court. 3pm NSW Swifts V Melbourne Vixens, 5pm GIANTS Netball V Queensland Firebirds
Sunday Program Highlights
- Panel Discussion with Suncorp Super Netball coaches Julie Fitzgerald, Briony Akle, Simone McKinnis OAM and 2016 Australian Diamonds Captain Clare McMeniman.
- Netball NSW’s Umpire Coach and former International Umpire, Sharon Kelly, provides a Guide to Umpiring in 2018.
- People and Culture specialist, Felicity Colbourne presents on the importance of developing Umpire Culture with best practice takeaways.
- For Coaches, day two also delivers Practical Coaching Sessions with a focus on Drills & Skills for Player Development featuring NNSW State Teams.
- Association and Club Managers can learn from Lisa Purves – Office of the Children’s Guardian, on creating a child safe Association.
View the 2018 Conference Program HERE
Secure your seat
Find out more about the Conference and Register HERE