Call for Nominations
In accordance with the New South Wales Netball Association Limited (Netball NSW) Constitution (V1.9.2018) and Netball NSW’s Election and Voting Policy, nominations are now invited from eligible individuals who wish to be considered for election as an Elected Director of Netball NSW at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Netball NSW to be held on Saturday 30 March 2019.
Key Dates Summary
- Nominations for the position of Elected Director open on Friday 25 January 2019 and close at 10am (AEDT) on Friday 8 February 2019.
- Voting Instructions will be sent via email (or by post, if this method of delivery has been requested) to all Association Presidents and Secretaries (unless an Association has nominated an alternative person prior to 31 January 2019), Netball NSW Life Members and Netball NSW Directors on Friday 1 March 2019, with voting closing at 5pm (AEDT) Thursday 28 March 2019.
Available Elected Director Positions
In accordance with Clause 15.4(b) of the Constitution, applications are sought for three (3) Elected Director positions, two of whom will be elected to serve a term of three (3) years and one of whom will be elected to serve a term of two (2) years.
In accordance with Clause 15.7(e) of the Constitution, the two (2) candidates for Elected Director positions with the first and second highest number of votes will serve three (3) year terms as Elected Directors and the candidate with the third highest number of votes will serve a two (2) year term as an Elected Director.
The terms of appointment of the following current Elected Directors expire at the AGM, however, each is eligible to re-nominate for the position of Elected Director in accordance with Clause 15.7(e) of the Constitution:
- Rodney Watson OAM;
- Carol Murphy; and
- Janet Drakos.
Nominations for the positions of Elected Director are invited from eligible individuals who, in accordance with Clause 15.3 of the Constitution, meet the following qualifications of Directors:
- are a Member of an affiliated Association of Netball NSW;
- are at least 18 years of age;
- are not a direct employee of Netball NSW; and
- does not hold an executive or officer position in any Association.
In addition, candidates should note that, in accordance with Clause 15.6 of the Constitution, no more than two (2) Directors of Netball NSW may be members of the same Association at any one time.
Netball NSW has a commitment to securing and maintaining a Board that has a balanced set of skills to represent its members and their interests. As an organisation, Netball NSW is committed to innovation, corporate governance and to be the benchmark in performance for state sporting bodies in Australia.
Candidates with skills and experience in the areas described in the Director Skills and Experience document set out in Appendix A to this Election Notice will be preferred and highly regarded.
Please click here for further information: