From grassroots to the elite level, 2015 was a record-breaking year for Netball NSW with participation at an all-time high across the State.
As part of Netball NSW’s 2015 “Let’s Play Netball” marketing campaign, the organisation ran a competition giving members of the wider community the chance to win a fantastic netball prize valued at $1,000.
People had to submit in 25 words or less “why they loved netball”. Netball NSW were overwhelmed with not only the huge response but the effort individuals went to in expressing their love and passion for the game.
Netball NSW would like to thank all those who entered and are pleased to announce the winner of the “Let’s Play Netball” competition was Natalie Sibbald. Natalie received a $1,000 netball kit, which will be utilised by the St Nicholas Netball Club.
Here are the top ten responses – including Natalie’s – as judged by the independent six member panel.
- Not only for the love of the game but for the community and the family involvement!! It started from my mum, then myself now my children. It’s generational! I love netball, my children love netball and my mum is still in love with netball! – Natalie Sibbald, Jamisontown.
- I love netball because it is a very fun game for all ages. Netball helps you keep fit, healthy and active. You can also learn great teamwork and skills in netball. In netball you can play with friends and family too, which makes you feel included and apart of one big netball family. – Olivia Taylor, Coonamble.
- I have a disabled daughter who loves netball and her netball team. I love that netball is such an inclusive sport and that anyone with any disability is welcome and included to play this amazing game. – Julie Gartshore, Woonona.
- As an eight year old, new to school and with an ethnic background, netball gave me the confidence to make new friends and fit in!! – Anne Morassult, Beverly Hills.
- I’d need more than 25 words! Friendships, teamwork, fitness, challenges, inspirational, community, skills, competition, victory, memories. Netball is part of me, part of my life. – Melissa King, Prestons.
- Netball has taught me the fundamentals of life – commitment, determination, dedication, focus, strength, multitasking, but most of all how to have fun while I’m learning. – Rachel Wynen, Bangor.
- 46 years of watching and teaching fun, fitness, friendship, skills, balance, confidence, teamwork and to win humbly and lose graciously. Netball skills = life skills. – Nicola Moore, Crescent Head.
- Netball has given my daughter the opportunity to get fit, while having fun and learning the importance of commitment and team work. She is loving making new friends and building a team with those friends! – Lara Crompton, Lennox Head.
- I’ve played, umpired and coached and now I watch my daughter do the same for the same reasons… Friendship and laughter! – Karen Longworth, Tingira Heights.
- Fond memories of early mornings, pleated skirts, scungies, lifelong friends, ear piercing whistles, passionate parents, enthusiastic coaches and no regrets despite now having old knees. – Hayley Miles, Epping.
Netball is a fun sport, which keeps you active and is a great way to make friends!
Club registration days are starting to take place across NSW for the new winter season, so find your local Club or Association today at letsplaynetball.com.au