Netball NSW is pleased to announced the athletes selected in the South East Region Netball Academy (SERNA) for the 2015 season.
Following trials held on Sunday 7 and Sunday 14 September, 16 athletes were named in the SERNA squad, with Adele Caesar appointed to the Head Coach role for the second consecutive year.
In 2014 Netball NSW announced the establishment of SERNA as part of the Regional Academies of Sport (RAS) Netball program. A new initiative, SERNA replaced a previous program in the region, and like the Sydney Netball Academy, is run by Netball NSW.
The RAS netball program, which is delivered by ten Academies throughout the State, as well as the Sydney Netball Academy and now the South East Region Netball Academy, is a priority for the Netball NSW High Performance program and offers the following;
- Individual skill development, sport science education and support structures for each athlete to easily integrate to the next level of the NSW elite athlete pathway;
- Access to the Develop a Diamond Academy Program by Netball Australia;
- Preparation of athletes for NSW State Team trials;
- Coach and umpire education, promoting continuous improvement to develop the region’s coaches and umpires; and
- A program which concentrates on the well-being of each athlete to make sure they have a life/sport balance
Netball NSW would like to congratulate the athletes selected in the 2015 SERNA squad.
2015 South East Region Netball Academy Squad
Zoe Lee-Archer – Queanbeyan
Molly Badewitz – Sapphire Coast
Caitlin Brady – Queanbeyan
Emily Brady – Queanbeyan
Mikaela Callender – Queanbeyan
Nicole Clough – Queanbeyan
Jacoba Clough – Queanbeyan
Natalie Cooper – Sapphire Coast
Lori Fowlie – Queanbeyan
Jasmine Fuller – Eurobodalla
Jessie Hart – Sapphire Coast
Ellen Hosking – Eurobodalla
Ainslie Mann – Sapphire Coast
Jaynaya Shepherd – Queanbeyan
Aisha Smith – Eurobodalla
Bronty Trease – Sapphire Coast