Statement of Acknowledgement
Netball NSW acknowledges the various Traditional Custodians of the land across the wide netball landscape in NSW. The Aboriginal lands and waters on which we build our courts, clubhouses and facilities that are essential to our game are acknowledged as ancient and respected ground, and we acknowledge the significant and ongoing contribution of the local Aboriginal communities throughout the NNSW community.
Netball NSW is searching for a number of artworks which will be present across all areas of the Netball NSW brand including but not exclusive to our performance and pathways, administration and competitions. This artwork may be used for uniforms, programs, and/or digital mediums.
Netball is the #1 sport for women and girls in Australian, and rapidly growing for boys and men. Our netball footprint in NSW spans over 114 associations and 800 plus clubs with over 110,000 participants. From grassroots participants right through to our NSW Swifts and GIANTS Netball our vision is to make netball the leading sport of choice and opportunity across the State.
The artwork should embody netball in NSW through the lens of Aboriginal culture and pay homage to the Netball NSW Vision, Purpose and Values.
Our Vision: Netball is NSW’s leading sport of choice and opportunity
Our Purpose: Lead and support our Netball community to grow and thrive
Our Values & Behaviours: Welcoming, One Team, Best Always, Integrity, Fun
We encourage artists to consider the following in their submission;
- The wider netball community, including but not limited to playing, umpiring, coaching, spectating, competitions, and pathways; and
- Netball’s connection to community and land. Netball is in every community and in every region from Albury in the south to Tweed Heads in the north;
- If you wish to use the colours associated with the Netball NSW brand, you can view the official colour palette here. This is not compulsory;
Artist Eligibility Criteria
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander with a connection to a NSW Aboriginal nation;
- Provide the story behind the artwork;
- Submit the artwork and the story either electronically or physically prior to the submission date; and
- If selected, consent to the artwork being used by Netball NSW in connection with netball in NSW
- Have a connection to netball in NSW (player, coach, umpire, committee member, spectator, etc.); and
- Be available for media opportunities including but not limited to interviews and photo shoots.
- Original artwork reflecting Aboriginal culture.
- Suitable for use in uniforms, programs, and digital platforms.
- Selected artists will be compensated for their contributions.
Artwork can be submitted either electronically, physically, or via post using the form below. All electronic submissions are to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. All posted or physical submissions are to be addressed to:
ATTN: Anne Johns
2 Olympic Boulevard
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Prior to 5pm, Monday 8th January 2024