NSW State Teams - Marie Little Shield: Women aged 16 and older with an intellectual disability
Vision: Athletes will be supported on and off the court to strive toward individual skill development and building team cohesion at the Marie Little Shield National Tournament and beyond.
Enjoy the Challenge
Every year Netball NSW selects a team to represent the state at the Marie Little Shield National Tournament. Netball NSW has enjoyed a lot of success in recent years and have been crowned the champions in four of the last five Marie Little Shield tournaments.
From May to June, Netball NSW selects a representative team and training partners to train fortnightly to develop individual skills and team building. Specialised coaches and support staff are also selected to support on and off the court and maximise the experience of each athlete.
A focus of the Marie Little Shield program is to provide women with intellectual disabilities an opportunity to represent their state at a national tournament. The program promotes skill development on court, personal growth off court and teamwork in match play. Above all, athletes are encouraged to enjoy the challenge.
2021 Marie Little Shield Tournament
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Netball Australia made the difficult decision to cancel the Marie Little Shield last year. Netball NSW will be focused on coming back even stronger for the tournament in 2021.
The dates and location for the 2021 tournament are yet to be announced by Netball Australia but will be updated here once confirmed.
2021 Officials Nominations Now Open
The following positions are now available for applications in the 2021 Marie Little Shield officials’ team:
If you would like to be considered for any of these listed roles, please follow these steps:
- Nominate your preferred position.
- Ensure you have a “Working with Children Check” Clearance Number and clearance letter.
- Submit a brief CV detailing how you meet the selection criteria outlined in the relevant Marie Little Shield Position Description.
- Describe in one page or less how you would approach the key responsibilities and duties associated with the position.
- Email your CV, your name, and the position which you are applying for in the subject line and covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 14 April.