All Abilities Membership
Your Club and/or Association can be more inclusive by offering the All Abilities Membership with Netball NSW. By offering the subsidised affiliation cost, you can help reduce the financial barrier to enable people with disability to be a part of our game. All Abilities Players are defined as any person who holds a valid concession card for a disability pension and/or a member of Sports Inclusion Australia. In the case of children under the age of 18 years who are defined within this category, it is permissible for the parent / guardian to hold the concession card on their behalf. The All Abilities subsidised cost for the 2022 season is $35.00
If additional assistance is required please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
All Abilities Programs & Events
There are multiple programs and events offered for people with disabilities to participate in Netball in NSW, which introduces more people to the sport and promotes the benefits of an active and social lifestyle.
These programs and events range from skills development clinics and interclub carnivals to representing NSW at the Marie Little Shield which is a national tournament for players with an intellectual disability. Please find more information about the programs and events below.
The Netball NSW Schools Cup All Abilities Division is a state-wide event for primary and secondary students in years 5 to 12 with physical, intellectual and sensory disabilities.
The event, which is open to male and female students from Public, Private and Independent school systems allows students the opportunity to learn to play netball in a fun, friendly and inclusive environment.
All Abilities Netball Carnivals and Programs
All Abilities Carnivals are run throughout the year, hosted by Ku-ring-gai Netball Association and Manly Warringah Netball Association and this years sees the introduction of Baulkham Hills Shire Netball Association. There is also an All-Inclusive Netball Carnival run by Newcastle Netball Association which has an All Abilities Division.
Please see dates for 2022 All Abilities Carnivals below.
- *POSTPONED* Baulkham Hills Shire Netball Association *POSTPONED* - New Date TBC
- Baulkham Hills Netball will be hosting their inaugural All Abilities Carnival and Come & Try Day which will involve a round robin competition as well as an opportunity to participate in a skills session. Register as an individual or a team.
- For more information about the Baulkham Hills Shire Netball Association All Abilities Carnival and Come & Try Day, please click here.
- *POSTPONED* Ku-ring-gai Netball Association - *NEW DATE* Sunday 19th June, 8:30am - 2:00pm
- The Ku-ring-gai Netball Association All Abilities Carnival aims to bring together All Abilities netball teams and individual participants from Netball Associations across NSW and beyond in a spirit of inclusion and friendly competition. Exclusively for participants with a disability, the Carnival provides an opportunity for players to showcase their skills in a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Please find more information about the Ku-ring-gai Netball Association All Abilities Carnival here and the registration form here.
The Marie Little Shield is an annual tournament that provides women with an intellectual disability the chance to compete at a National level. Named after disability netball pioneer, Marie Little OAM, the competition sees teams from each state compete.
Netball NSW has enjoyed great success in recent years, with our team crowned champions in four of the last five Marie Little Shield tournaments.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Netball Australia made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 and 2021 Marie Little Shield. Netball NSW will be focused on coming back even stronger for the tournament in 2022.
Player Nominations are now open and will close Sunday 22nd May, 2022.
Activate Inclusion Sport Days (AISD) are hosted by Sport NSW and aim to increase the awareness around opportunities for people with a disability and promote inclusion within the sports community. The AISD program provides adaptive sport and recreation programs to build core skills and confidence for sustainable physical activity.
Activate Inclusion Sports Days are held in regional and metro areas in NSW.
Please see Term 2 Dates that Netball NSW will be attending below:
- Wednesday 11 May - PCYC Marrickville - Register here!
- Thursday 12 May - Netball Central - Register here!
- Friday 13 May - Mount Annan Leisure Centre - Register here!
Cerebral Palsy Sporting and Recreation Association have introduced their CPSARA Connect Series - Multi-sport days for people with a disability. These Multi-sport Days provide an opportunity for participants with all disabilities to try new sports, make new friends and create connections.
2022 Multi-sport Days
- Sunday 24th April: The Centre, Dural
For more information on All Abilities Netball, please contact Keana Raymond, Participation Coordinator - Community at email@example.com