This website is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Some features might not work correctly in this browser.
We recommend that you use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari for the best browser experience.
BENCH OFFICIALS - EDUCATION
To start on your Bench Official Pathway:
1. Complete the Online Bench Official Course
2. Attend a Face to Face Training Session
3. Officiate on Metro League games
4. Be assessed for your State Accreditation
Contact Chris Hall - firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to Secure yourself the best seat at the game.
This course has been designed to assist you in learning the skills and knowledge required to fulfil all Bench Official roles.
The Bench Officials Education course is a pre-requisite for obtaining the State Bench Official Accreditation and subsequently the National Bench Officials Accreditation.
The course looks at:
1. Being a Bench Official
2. Scorer 1
3. Scorer 2
5. Extra Time Procedures
6. Where to now?
Rules of Netball Theory Exam
The Rules of Netball Theory Exam below is part of the National Officiating Accreditation Scheme and tests the basic rules of the game.
A Rules of Netball Theory Exam pass (70%) is a prerequisite for:
- C Grade Badge, the introductory level umpire accreditation.
- State Bench Official Accreditation
- Development Coach Accreditation
Use the following Enrolment Instructions to help you access the Course:
Netball NSW conducts hands-on training sessions prior to DOOLEYS Metro League and COURTCRAFT Night Inter District competitions.
These training sessions provide new bench officials with the training required to officiate in these competitions.
The training sessions cover:
- Event specific logistics
- Familiarisation with the scoresheet used
- Familiarisation with the countdown clocks
- Familiarisation with the overhead score boards
Monday 16 March - 7:00pm
Tuesday 17 March - 7:00pm
Thursday 19 March - 7:00pm
Monday 23 March - 7:00pm
Tuesday 24 March - 7:00pm
Monday 30 March - 7:00pm