This website is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Some features might not work correctly in this browser.
We recommend that you use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari for the best browser experience.
2022 Online Courses
Netball Australia have transitioned to a new Learning Centre in collaboration with Sports Australia for 2022. The new Learning Centre provides a range of new features and benefits including being more user-friendly and offer new learning opportunities in the future. After conducting a market analysis for course learning and our learning resources and given the increase in costs associated with delivery and production of courses and manuals, Netball Australia are increasing it’s fees as of Jan 1st 2022.
Foundation Umpire Education Course: $45.00
Foundation Online Coach Accreditation Course: $70.00
Coach – Development Online Course: $60.00
Rules of Netball Theory Exam: $12.50
Rules of Netball
To purchase the rule book please go to the NNSW online store.
Equal opportunity, fair play and respect for an opponent’s skill and safety.
Those are the core values that the Rules of Netball are based on. To respect these values, it is the responsibility of:
- Players to make sure they are physically and technically prepared to play the game, comply with the rules and take part safely and fairly
- Coaches or teachers of the game to make sure that players are prepared in way that complies with the rules, as well as having an understanding of sporting behaviour and safe practices
- Umpires to apply the rules of the game with impartiality, fairness and consistency
- Controlling bodies, at all levels, to make sure the game is conducted and developed in accordance with disciplined and sporting behaviour.
The Foundation Umpire Course is one of the pre-requisites for obtaining a National C Badge and participating in the Elite Umpire Course.
Coaches and players are also encouraged to complete the course to further support their understanding of the game.
Successful completion of the course provides you with one of the required pre-requisites for a National C Badge.
Visit Netball Learning and start your Foundation Umpire journey today.
The Rules of Netball Theory Examination tests the basic rules of the game.
It is an online examination that is accessible all year. A certificate is generated for all candidates who achieve a pass (70% or above). The most recent examination mark is the current result and Pass marks are valid for 4 years.
* It is highly recommended that prior to commencing this exam you read a copy of the Rules of Netball (2020).
The Elite Umpire Course is for those umpires looking at refining their skills in a high performance environment. It has been designed to further develop umpiring skills, techniques, and increase understanding of the procedures and protocols of a higher level of umpiring.
The Elite Umpire Course is a pre-requisite for obtaining a National A Badge.
Netball Australia Online Education Courses
This course has been designed to assist you in learning the skills and knowledge required to fulfil all Bench Official roles.
The Bench Officials Education course is a pre-requisite for obtaining the State Bench Official Accreditation and subsequently the National Bench Officials Accreditation.
The course looks at:
1. Being a Bench Official
2. Scorer 1
3. Scorer 2
5. Extra Time Procedures
6. Where to now?
This course provides information and skills for you to manage alcohol usage and consumption in your life.
It’s aimed mainly for young, emerging high performance players, but anybody is welcome to enrol in the course and learn about the different ways that alcohol can negatively impact on an athlete’s current and future prospects within netball.
The course looks at:
1. The impacts on your team and your character
2. Your performance and future in the sport
3. Some facts about alcohol
4. Affects of alcohol on your sporting career
5. Some skills to protect yourself
- Community – Suitable for Netball community members aged 18 years+, including coaches, umpires, volunteers, administrators and parents.
- Young Adult – Suitable for Players aged 18-25 years.
- Youth – Suitable for players aged 13 – 17 years
This course provides information and skills to assist you in maintain healthy relationships throughout your life. It’s aimed mainly for young, emerging high performance players and the general netball community but anybody is welcome to enrol in the course to learn more about respectful relationships.
The course looks at:
1. Definition of a healthy relationship
2. How people hurt each other
3. Men’s violence against women
4. The role of the bystander
5. Changing to make a difference
If during the course you find you need to talk through issues or just want more information about a topic please refer to the Support services that are available at the end of each module.
The online mentoring course has been developed in conjunction with the Australian Sports Commission for people who work with coaches, umpires and officials at all levels.
This Mentoring course is designed for Coaches, Umpires and Bench Officials.
The course is divided into 7 modules, covering the following topics:
- How does mentoring work
- Know yourself as a mentor
- Initial meeting
- Know your mentee
- Giving feedback
- Improving performance
- Conflict/challenging situations
This course will take you through the principles and practices of netball selection. Netball is a team game however the performance of individual athletes and the combination of athletes in playing positions is critical to the success of the team.
This course is aimed for any netball selector or coach commencing the process of team selection, but anybody is welcome to enrol in the course and learn about the principles and practices that may be used to select netball athletes for a squad or team.
The course looks at:
- The principles of selection
- Guidelines for individual athlete selection
- Guidelines for netball position selection and what to look for in each position
- How to achieve team balance in selection
- Some practical tips to assist in running a selection session
The Community Umpire Toolkit is a resource designed to assist umpire convenors and umpire coaches (umpire educators) to teach the rules of netball in a fun and interactive way. The toolkit provides nationally developed, contemporary resources aimed at supporting and complementing existing introductory or beginner umpiring programs and initiatives. The Community Umpire Toolkit provides many opportunities to incorporate the activities into existing programs or develop an introduction to the umpiring program for the first time.